THIS INFORMATION IS FOR CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE RECEIVED
A LETTER FROM INTACT PRESTIGE TO THIS EFFECT.
Keep your car safe from theft and save on your premium
At Intact Prestige, we deliver tailored and innovative products to protect your unique lifestyle.
Every six minutes.
That’s how often a car is stolen on average in Canada, according to the IBC.
Car theft is on the rise. While any car is vulnerable to theft, some models like yours are among the most targeted by thieves.
If you received a letter from Intact Prestige indicating one or more of your vehicles under your policy is considered high risk for theft, we encourage you to take steps to protect your unique lifestyle and your vehicle(s) by installing a Tag vehicle tracking and recovery system before your policy renews.
- Call a Speedy Glass service centre directly to book an appointment. To find a location closest to you, visit speedyglass.ca or call Tag at 1-888-745-8241.
- At your appointment, provide your Intact pink slip.
- Once the installation is complete, contact your broker to provide your tagging number and date of installation. You will receive an additional discount on your auto insurance.
You take good care of your vehicle(s). To help protect against theft and avoid the additional premium charge as indicated in your letter, consider the installation of the Tag theft prevention and tracking system.
Tag offers the most advanced technology that has proven to significantly help in theft deterrence and vehicle recovery.
- Small, wireless tracking devices are installed throughout your vehicle to help locate and recover it.
- The driver and passenger side windows are etched to identify the vehicle is Tag-protected.
Questions? Please contact your broker.
Your vehicle is already equipped with Tag? Contact your broker to update your policy and enjoy additional savings on your car insurance.
More ways to protect your car against theft
Whether it’s for a joy ride or a ride overseas, having your car stolen can leave you feeling uneasy, vulnerable and stressed at the thought of having to replace it.
While we encourage you to install Tag, here are additional ways you can protect yourself:
- Don’t leave the engine running while your car is unattended.
- Don’t leave valuable items or personal identification in your car. If you have to, keep them out of sight, like in the trunk or locked glove compartment.
- Keep the doors locked and windows and sunroof closed while your car is unattended.
- Keep your vehicle registration and proof of insurance on you, not in your car.
- Park your vehicle in a locked garage if possible or in a well-lit area.
- Install motion detection lights or a video surveillance system at your home.
- Make it harder for thieves by using a combination of devices, like a club alongside your vehicle’s built-in security systems.
- Protect your fob key by keeping it away from your home’s entrance or in a blocking pouch, such as aFaraday.
- Consider installing a lock for your on-board diagnostics port.
If your car is stolen, report it to the police immediately.
Be prepared. Record the following information and keep it in a safe place:
- Year, make, model and colour
- Licence number
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Serial numbers for any special equipment
- Any visible marks, dents, damage, etc.
Drop business cards or address labels inside doors to help police with vehicle identification.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations apply.
A simple way to get in touch
Intact Prestige is now offering personalized insurance coverage and is providing unparalleled service from coast to coast.
Getting in touch with a broker, or any other member of the dedicated Intact Prestige team, is simple and convenient.